2023 North Macedonia Cat Skiing Program
Join us in January or February 2023 for an exciting cat skiing trip to the Shar Mountains in North Macedonia! Experience untouched powder, amazing food, friendly locals and unique culture in this affordable, small group program.
This will be a 10-night, 11-day (airport to airport) trip. Guests will enjoy 7 full days of cat skiing, predominantly in the Shar mountains, with an option to ski two more half days in the resort on the 1st and 9th days of the trip. The trip will end with 2 nights and 1 full day exploring the major cultural sites of Skopje before returning to their home countries on the 11th day.
Nearly everything is included in this trip, there are very few exclusions for this trip and we feel that this is one of the most competitively priced, small group, private cat skiing options currently available. It is certainly our best value for money program on offer.
This trip will also feature a strong dose of Macedonian culture. You’ll get to eat a lot of the local food, meet the friendly locals and visit some of the culturally significant sights in Skopje (local tour guide included). You’ll enjoy a winery tour and meal and get to explore the Old Bazaar in Skopje (lunch included), before heading back to your home country.
$1,000 USD per person, non-refundable. By sending in your deposit, then you agree to all terms written in the Terms and Conditions on our website. As soon as you have sent in your deposit, you must purchase your travel insurance. Travel insurance is mandatory for all guests.
The remaining balance for all sessions is due before November 1st, 2022.
Payment of the deposit/final balance can be made by check, money order, bank transfer, international wire, Venmo or Zelle. Payment instructions will be sent out prior to transfer of funds.
2 x groups per session, with a minimum of 6 guests (maximum of 10) per session, with 3 x 11-day sessions on offer starting in January. Custom dates can be available on request, but prices might be higher.
Upper intermediate with some experience/confidence in powder, all the way to expert, skiers and boarders. Touring equipment is not mandatory, but can be used to access some longer runs and the infamous first descent lines! Avalanche safety equipment (beacon, shovel, probe, airbag) can be provided free of charge, from the cat skiing operation. Demo skis from Elan and snowboards from Nidecker, can also be provided free of charge. Any other skis, boards, boots etc. can also be rented but at additional charge.
There will be 3 sessions on offer in January through February 2023. Custom dates can be available to groups of 6 or more people, depending on availability (prices may differ though). Dates and bookings are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
1. Saturday 7th January – Tuesday 17th January 2023. (Skiing days 8th – 14th Jan)
2. Thursday 19th January – Sunday 29th January 2023. (Skiing days 20th – 26th Jan)
3. Tuesday 31st January – Friday 10th February 2023. (Skiing days 1st – 7th Feb)
Twin-share or double room - $4,315 USD per person.
Single room - $4,455 USD per person.
Early Bird Discount
Please take $100 USD per person off the above prices if you are able to book before June 30th 2022. The $1,000 deposit must be received before then to qualify for the discount.
- This is a 11 day/10-night trip with 7 days of private cat skiing and 1 full day guided sightseeing tour of Skopje. There is the potential to ski 2 x ½ days at the Popova Sapka ski area on day 1 and day 8 (lift tickets not included).
- 8 night’s accommodation at the 3-star Hotel Scardus. Includes all breakfast, lunches (outside whilst skiing) and dinners.
- 7 days private cat skiing with a minimum of 6 guests. The cat can hold 12 to 14 people normally. Runs are 500m to 800m vertical in length (1,640ft to 2,625ft). You can ski or ride between 3,000m to 6,000m vertical per day (9,840ft to 19,685ft). Longer runs can be attained for those wishing to hike and first descents are possible.
- 1 x local guide for cat skiing operation plus 1 x guide from The Adventure Project.
- Complimentary rental of avalanche safety equipment for those that need it (airbag, beacon, shovel, probe). Complimentary use of Elan demo skis and Nidecker snowboards.
- Traditional Macedonian dinner at Driada restaurant during stay in Popova Sapka.
- Transportation to/from Skopje to the accommodation in Popova Sapka mountains.
- Visit to the Chateau Kamnik Winery (https://chateaukamnik.com/) for a 5-course wine pairing and dinner.
- 2 nights’ accommodation in Skopje at 4-star hotel (Alexander Square Boutique Hotel), includes breakfast.
- English-speaking tour guide for a tour around the Old Bazaar in Skopje and a traditional lunch.
- Comprehensive travel insurance (must be valid for COVID travel, includes a high level of medical coverage AND coverage for trip cancellation or delay).
- ½ day lift tickets for the Popova Sapka ski area (approx. 10 Euros/$13 USD each).
- Lunch on the day of departure from Popova Sapka to Skopje.
- Dinner on last night of stay in Skopje.
- Other rental skis/boards/boots/poles (pricing is available on request).
- Taxi to the airport from the hotel in Skopje, at the end of the trip.
- Extra beverages not included above.
- COVID-19 testing and any extra days of hotel accommodation extension.
- Gratuities for The Adventure Project guides.
For more detailed information, please contact us at email@example.com.....