Date(s) - Wednesday, January 6, 2016 - Wednesday, January 20, 2016
Nisekomoiwa Ski Area, Niseko Hokkaido Prefecture , Japan
The Adventure Project is excited to announce the start of a new ski and snowboard program in Japan this winter. We will be taking several groups of advanced/expert skiers and boarders to the north island of Hokkaido for 2 weeks of riding some of the world’s deepest and driest snow this January.
We will be exploring 3 distinctive zones in Hokkaido that are renowned for their abundant powder: Niseko, Sapporo and the Furano areas. We have our own private transportation and will be hitting up a new resort each day. We have the ability to chase storms and choose the best local resort for the conditions of the day. We can hit up to 11 different resorts in the 2 weeks.
We will be working in small groups, with no more than 6 guests per group with 2 guides leading each group (1 Adventure Project guide and 1 expert local guide). If you want to experience some of the best snow on the earth and experience the distinctive Japanese culture, then this is a trip that shouldn’t be missed.
Click the icon to go to our booking form and start the booking process!
Starting at $4,240 USD per person (based on 6 people in the group)
There is a maximum of 6 guests per group, led by 2 guides; one from The Adventure Project and one local guide. We can have a maximum of 3 groups per session.
Wednesday 6th January to Wednesday the 20th January, 2016.
Minimum Ability Level:
Advanced to expert skiers and boarders. You should be comfortable riding in tighter trees and in deep powder (the powder is nice and light though, with an average water content of only 4%). You should be comfortable riding double diamond terrain in variable snow conditions.
– Guiding from The Adventure Project and an expert local guide,with 2 guides per maximum 6 guests.
– Comprehensive avalanche safety training.
– Accommodation (triple share) at the Moiwa Lodge in Niseko for 5 nights. Includes all breakfasts.
– Accommodation (twin-share) in Otaru at the Grand Park Hotel for 3 nights. Includes all breakfasts.
– Accommodation (twin-share) at the New Furano Hotel in Furano, for 5 nights. Includes breakfasts.
– Transportation around Otaru and Furano resort in private 8 seater van.
Prices do not Include:
– Lunches and dinners.
– Lift tickets (budget $600 USD max for 2 weeks).
– Transfer from Sapporo New Chitose Airport to accommodation in Niseko (try Whiteliner, approx. $30 USD – http://www.goodsports.co.jp/white_eng/ski-bus/#p01)
– Accommodation in Sapporo (suggested Sapporo hotel – Sapporo Ekimae Nest @ $36 USD per person per night, twin-share).
– Transportation in Niseko area.
– Any additional taxi, bus or train services.
– Rental equipment.
– Gratuities for The Adventure Project staff.